Monday, November 16, 2009

Whirlwind Week

We've had a bit of a crazy week/weekend. Last Monday we got on e-mail from the University of Utah offering Joel an interview on the 13-14. He said yes, and we quickly planned a trip to Utah! I've got a sister that lives in Orem that we stayed with. We always love visiting Adrienne, and we are only sad that we don't see her more often!

We left Laramie Wednesday after the kids were done with school. On Thursday we went up to Salt Lake to make sure we knew where Joel needed to go the next day. While we were up there we went to Temple Square.

Here's Will, Adrienne, and Jenna in the tabernacle...


(Please don't comment on my lovely hair, it was very windy!)
On Friday Joel headed to Salt Lake and Adrienne had to work. I took the kids to a park nearby so they could run off some energy! They needed it! Adrienne and I were able to head to the mall when she got home from work. I found a store that I need to visit online because they had a lot of cute stuff! On Friday night we tried to go to Texas Roadhouse because Adrienne's never been there, but there was an hour and a half wait! No thank you! Not with three kids! So we ended up going somewhere called Paradise Bakery (I think) and had sandwiches and soup. It was really delicious.
Saturday started out much the same as Friday. Joel went to Salt Lake and Adrienne had to work. Shortly after Joel got home we went to Texas Roadhouse, figuring that if we went around 4 it wouldn't be too busy. Silly us, we should have known better. Luckily we only had about a 15-20 minute wait, but we got there just in the nick of time. I couldn't believe how busy it was! But is was of course wondering food, so it was worth it.
Saturday evening we just hung out. Here are some pics we snapped that night...
Joel was "flying" the kids"



Adam thought it was hilarious to sit on Joel's chest/neck and bounce up and down. Joel had all of the kids bouncing on him at one point, and I don't know how he didn't lose his delicious dinner! We got a good ab workout that night with all the laughing!
You may be wondering how Joel's interview went. Well, we don't know yet. :) He said that he felt like it went well. They interviewed around 100 people (out of about 950 applicants) and they accept 40 people into the program. If he does get accepted it will be a major honor; if he doesn't, it will be disappointing but we know how incredibly qualified all the other applicants were. We will probably have to wait a week or so to find out. They said we should know by Thanksgiving.
We came home Sunday and prayed that the roads wouldn't be too bad. Thankfully they really weren't bad at all so we made it home safely and without incident. It's always good to be home, but we miss Adrienne! We wish we could just pack her up and bring her home with us, but she always claims that she needs to stay there to work and make money and all that crazy stuff. :)
I'll keep you all posted on how things turn out!

6 comments:

Michelle Croft said...

I have a feeling Joel is going to have some tough decisions to make. I think he'll have his pick of where to go. Utah would be so fun for you to be close to Adrienne, although my vote is still for Rocky of course.

Brenda said...

Thanks for the update! I love the pictures!

Jill Asay said...

I love your family picture in front of the temple!

Kathy said...

I think you should use the temple picture for your Christmas postcards this year. That is a treasure, or you need to enlarge it for your living room.

Adam and the Girls said...

I can't wait to hear the outcome of this, I have heard it is a great program. I think it is just an honor to be interviewed though. Go Joel!!!!! And that is super crazy about Texas Roadhouse.....although it is the BEST restaurant. :) ~Jeffi

charlesfam said...

I'm voting for Utah. I'd love it if you were so close. I wish we'd known you were here. If you come back this way, let us know.