Friday, May 29, 2009
Has anyone else ever tried this cereal? What was your opinion?
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Monday, May 18, 2009
Jenna at her soccer game last Saturday. It was supposed to be their last game, but two games that got canceled at the beginning of the season have been rescheduled for the next two Saturdays.
We went swimming Friday evening at the Rec Center. It was Adam's first time there, and he wasn't sure how he felt about it. :) It took him awhile to get comfortable in the water. I think it would have been better if the water was just a few degrees warmer. Both of us would have liked it better, probably. :) Anyway, after he got used to things he started having fun throwing a ball around and saying "weeeee!" around the lazy river. We all had a good time.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Also, Joel is getting a root canal today. Hopefully this will be the last step to fixing the pain in his mouth. We have to go down to an Endodontist in Ft. Collins. Wish us luck, and maybe say a little prayer for Joel and his mouth. :)
Monday, May 11, 2009
Wow, that was a long paragraph about sickness! Now let's move on to some funner topics! :)
Joel graduated from the University of Wyoming Fay W. Whitney School of Nursing on Saturday! He decided not to participate in the College of Health Sciences ceremony, but he did go to the School of Nursing Convocation.
Let me back up a little bit; on Friday my Mom and her husband came down, as well as Joel's Mom and his little sister. Saturday morning started early; we went to a pancake breakfast that was a fundraiser for the soccer association Jenna plays in. After I had to run home to change my shirt and Adam's clothes (he very quickly splashed a cup of juice all over the two of us), we had to run to get to Jenna's soccer game. After the game it was back to my house to get food ready for the evening.
Joel's convocation ceremony was in the concert hall in the Fine Arts building. I was glad it was there because they have comfortable seats! It was great to watch Joel be a part of the graduating class. I know it wasn't a big deal to him to be in any of the ceremonies, but I was happy to be able to see it. I also think it's a good thing for our kids to be able to see, because education is so important to us. The ceremony wasn't too long, although it did drag a little when they were handing out awards. And Joel thought the speaker they had was terrible; but since I couldn't understand a good part of what he said I couldn't say his actual speech was horrible. :) Of course the best part was when Joel was recognized individually and walked across the stage. I am so proud of him for finishing school, and finishing well!
Here we are after the convocation
After graduation we came back here for dinner and fun. We just had our family that came down, and some friends. It was really a fun evening with good food and great company!
Of course yesterday was Mother's Day, and while both Joel and I were sad to see our mothers go, we were so happy that they were able to come down and celebrate with us! Joel helped the kids make me a card, and he got me a card as well. He also got me a gift certificate for two massages! Woo hoo! I can't wait to use them! Thank you honey! All in all we had a great weekend! Thank you to everyone who made it even better!
Friday, May 1, 2009
2. What color is your favorite hoodie? Brown
3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again? Definitely
4. Do you plan outfits? When I have somewhere fun or important to go
5. How are you feeling RIGHT now? normal, I guess. my back is a little sore, and my tummy is full because I just finished dinner
6. What's the closest thing to you that's red? Jenna's "pointer"
7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having? I had a lot of dreams last night and I can't remember most of them, but I remember Joel and I were trying to get away from someone in a car.
8. Did you meet anybody new today? No
9. What are you craving right now? Something sweet, because I just finished dinner
10. Do you floss? Not really... naughty, I know.
11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage? cole slaw
12. Are you emotional? Sometimes
13. Have you ever counted to 1,000? No
14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it? Just lick, biting hurts my teeth!
15. Do you like your hair? most of the time. I really like it today because I just got it cut!
16. Do you like yourself? Generally, though I think there are a lot of improvements that could be made
17. What "celebrity" would you like to chat with? Probably Gerard Butler, so I could listen to his accent (actually, almost anyone from Scotland would do, but if you're going to listen to a Scotsman, why not have it be a nice looking one?)
18. What are you listening to right now? The dishwasher, and something on TV that no one is watching
19. Were your parents strict? Yeah, pretty much
20. Would you go sky diving? Yes
21. Do you like cottage cheese? No!
22. Have you ever met a celebrity? No
23. Do you rent movies often? Often? I don't know if I would say often... sometimes, yes
24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in? I don't see anything sparkly, but there always could be. Jenna has lots of sparkly things.
25. How many countries have you visited? 2 (counting the US)
26. Have you made a prank phone call? Uh, a good part of my childhood was spent making prank phone calls. Ahh, the good old days before caller ID and *69.
27. Ever been on a train? Yeah, the shuttle kind
28. Brown or white eggs? I buy white because they are generally cheaper, but I don't really care; they taste the same
29. What kind of cell phone do you have? I don't know, the cheap Verizon kind
30. Do you use chap stick? Yes
31. Do you own a gun? I don't own any myself, although Joel has some, so I guess I own them because what's mine is his and what's his is mine, right?
32. Can you use chopsticks? Not at all
33. Who are you going to be with tonight? Hubby and kids
34. Are you too forgiving? Is there such a thing? I'm not too forgiving
35. Favorite TV shows? Friends, Jeopardy, Biggest Loser, Lost
36. What is your best friend(s) doing tomorrow? which best friend? Joel is going to work
37. Ever have poison ivy? No
38. Last time you cried? Watching Dane fly away from the airport
39. What was the last question you asked? I asked Joel what kind of phone I have. :)
40. Favorite time of the year? Spring
41. Do you have any tattoos? No
42. Are you sarcastic? Never! Okay, yes
43. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? Not quite
44. Ever walked into a wall? Yes
45. Favorite color? depends on the day
46. Have you ever slapped someone? Yes
47. Do you have a motorcycle? No
48. What was the last CD you bought? actual CD? I don't remember.
49. Do looks matter? Yes, that's why we have eyes. But they aren't the most important thing
50. Can you forgive and forget? Yes I can forgive, but forgetting is harder
51. City life or country livin'? Somewhere in between, please
52. Do you like your life right now? Yes, I really do
53. Do you sleep with the TV on? No, it's hard to sleep soundly
54. Can you handle the truth? generally, yes
55. Do you have good vision? it's good enough. I can see without contacts or glasses, so it gets the job done
56. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people? Hate- no, I don't really hate anyone anymore, but dislike- yes
57. How often do you talk on the phone? Not super often, I'm not usually a huge phone talker
58. The last person you held hands with? Either Joel or Jenna, or Will, I'm not sure
59. What are you wearing? jeans and t-shirt. 95% of the time the answer to that question will be jeans and a t-shirt
60.What is your favorite animal? don't really have one
61. Where was your default picture taken? don't have one
62. Favorite kind of music? Many different kinds: rock, pop, a little country, classical
63. Do you have a job? Yep, I'm a mom
64. What was the most recent thing you bought? Can you count a haircut? I had to pay for that? But before that it was just groceries.
65. Have you ever crawled through a window? Yes
Do it, it's fun!