Friday, May 29, 2009

Not so Special

I am a fan of Special K cereal. I especially like the "Fruit and Yogurt" and "Vanilla Almond" varieties. I find these are good for breakfast, a quick lunch, or a tasty evening snack. One variety I hadn't tried was the "Chocolatey Delight". I decided that since I like Special K and I love chocolate, how could I go wrong? Boy was a wrong. I think someone could probably sue Kellogg's for false advertising, because calling those brown wax squares "chocolatey" is just wrong. There is not even a hint of chocolate flavor anywhere in the box. The cardboard probably tastes more like chocolate than the "chocolatey pieces". So, if you are craving a little chocolate, do NOT waste your time on that kind of Special K cereal. It is definitely special, but not in a good way!

Has anyone else ever tried this cereal? What was your opinion?

7 comments:

Brenda said...

That good huh? I love chocolate, but not in cereal. So sorry, never tried it. I love the one with almonds, I don't like the strawberry kind(or whatever those red pieces are), yuck!

Michelle Croft said...

I tried it and hated it. Not only is that not chocolate, but it sunk to the bottom of the bowl which leaves you with a bunch of wax to eat when the cereal is gone. I'm with you on the vanilla almond one though.

KrIStiN said...

i thought it was pretty grose myself..i'll now buy regular special k and add hershey bars. ok not really but its worth a try

Sarah B. said...

Good to know. When one needs chocolate, you can't mess around with that stuff!

Linda said...

Been there done that and chucked that ;-)

lGlenda said...

We tried the strawberry stuff once also, yuk!! I don't think Special has anything to do with that cereal.

Masaya416 said...

Maybe they used "Mocklate"? :D