Saturday, June 6, 2009

Our Week

We have had quite a week here at our house! To start things out, Joel's Mom and sister, Erin, came down to visit for a few days. We wished the weather would have been better while they were here, we were sort of stuck inside a lot because of the rain. But we still had a great time with them, and we were so happy they were able to come!

A quick story: on Tuesday I was making brownies to take to some friends who were moving. After they came out of the oven I was reaching for a cooling rack and next thing I knew... splat. The brownies were upside down on the kitchen floor! Arg! I was getting ready to scoop them into the garbage, but Joel made me put them onto a plate so he could eat some! Ha!




Wednesday morning was Adam's 18 month check up at the doctor. He is doing well in every way. He is still teeny, of course. Not quite 21 lbs, and not even on the lowest curve of the growth charts, but he is growing consistently and healthily. He eats just fine and he is obviously not malnourished, so it's nothing to worry about. He had to get one shot, poor kid, but he only cried for a minute.

Wednesday was also Jenna's last day of school! Yay! Finally! :) We were all excited for her to be done for the summer. He report card was very good, and we are very proud of our girl, how smart she is, and what a hard worker she is. I can hardly believe she's going to be in 2nd grade this fall!

Wednesday afternoon we went down to Ft. Collins for a bit of shopping and dinner. Erin had never been down to Colorado before, so we had to get her down there. :)

On Thursday Joel went fishing with a friend, and here's a picture of his first fish of the season. :)





This afternoon we were finally able to make it up to the mountain. We went hiking up at Veedawoo for a few hours. The weather was quite nice, except for some serious wind! I have to mention how proud and excited I was for our little William boy! He did so excellent! He's never been the most enthusiastic hiker, but this trip was totally different! He was all over those rocks, crawling up rock faces with no problem, jumping between them, not whining or complaining at all, and keeping up with no problem. When I would try to take his hand or help him he would immediately tell me, "I can do it by myself," or "I'm okay, Mom!" Once when I was going up a rock to scope something out he was encouraging me, saying, "You're doing good Mom! You're almost there. You're there!" Joel and I were both truly impressed by him today.

Jenna struck this pose with no encouragement from us. What a cutie!


Joel picked some wild flowers for me.
Jenna was nice enough to take a picture of Joel and I. A budding photographer? :)


Adam was happy to get a chance to run around instead of being carried.


Another pose.
Joel starts work on Monday, so the carefree summer vacation is no longer. However, after the first week of orientation he will only work three days a week (12 hour shifts), so we'll still have a lot of time to do some fun family things. Yeah!

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Nice recap, looks like a fun hiking trip! Enjoy all you can.

charlesfam said...

Everyone is just getting bigger. It's fun to see all of your kids doing so well. I sure love them.

Jill Asay said...

Good to hear that you all are doing great! I love the picture of you and Joel...cute!

Brooke said...

I love the pictures. Your kids are adorable! Chris does the same thing like Joel with the Brownies. If I overcook something Chris thinks its great... strange :)

Kathy said...

I just love your little family. Will is so sweet to his Mommy.
Hugs...

Emily Asay said...

Hey, so I think I left a bracelet at the church a few weeks back. Its black, wide and kind of shiny, i don't know how else to describe it. if u see it or get a chance to check out the lost and found coud u let me know?? THANKS, so much, how are things in primary?? i miss u guys :-)

Karen said...

What fun times you guys have there in Laramie!! You all look great.