Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Just Normal

Things around here are just normal. I haven't posted lately because there's just not much to post about.

Joel has started working as an RN at the hospital here (actually he's working as a Graduate Nurse. He will technically be an RN after he passes the boards).

We were finally able to go to the kiddie pool at the park by our house. The weather was actually sunny in the afternoon instead of cloudy and windy. The kids had a great time. Jenna and Will hopped right in and had a blast the whole time, even though the water was quite chilly. Adam took a little more coaxing. First I tried to walk him in, but once the water got past his knees he turned around and headed for the towels! Then I had him sit on the edge and splash his feet. This he was okay with, and did for the majority of the time. Near the end he was finally brave enough to wade around in the water, until he tripped and get his face wet. Then he was done. :)

We had a nice Father's Day. Jenna was quite excited for it, as she is for every occasion. And Will was pretty layed back about the whole thing. :) But the kids picked out a card and a tie, and drew pictures for Daddy. I got Joel a new creel and some 2-way radios. It was a nice day, topped off with root beer floats. Can a guy ask for more?

I've notices something interesting with my children's eating habits. Jenna and Will could almost not be more different in the way they eat dinner. Jenna eats like she means it (when she's not talk-talk-talking), and it's not at all uncommon for her to have seconds. Will is usually pretty lazy about his eating, and is almost always the very last one at the table. We have to continually tell him to take bites of his food. Another difference: Jenna saves her favorite thing for the end. If we are having scrambled eggs and coffee cake and apple slices (like we did tonight), she will try a bite of each, decide she likes the coffee cake the best, then eat her eggs and apples and save the best for last. Will, on the other hand, will eat what he likes and put off eating what he doesn't like until the bitter end. This usually means anything with meat in it will be the last thing on his plate. (don't ask me why he doesn't like meat, he doesn't get it from Joel or I!).

Adam loves hot dogs. He calls them "gogs". He loves popsicles. He calls them something like "opicle". He can open the fridge by himself now, and he does this continuously much to my dismay. If he had his way he would be outside all day every day; he loves it. He loves when Daddy comes home from work, and hates it when he has to leave again right away, like for a softball game. Adam has a scream that could take the paint off the walls. It pierces the eardrum like a freakin claymore; I'm not joking.

I was supposed to get a haircut tonight, but the lady that was going to come do it (she now does house calls for some reason) is sick. I'm pretty bummed because we are leaving on Thursday morning to go up to Lovell to see people and then to a family reunion. This shag I have on my head just will not do; I am in desperate need of a trim. I'm pretty disappointed that this girl decided to get sick just so she wouldn't have to cut my hair. JK! :) We rescheduled for tomorrow morning, so hopefully I'll be nice and trimmed up then. And I hope she feels better, not just so she can make me look better. haha

Okay, this has been one long, rambling post and I'll be surprised if anyone is still reading. I'll bet Joel will be rolling his eyes and shaking his head when he reads this. :) Am I right, hon? Hopefully I won't be so tired next time I post, so things will be put together a little better!

4 comments:

Sarah B. said...

I read through to the end, don't worry! I like how you noticed your kids' eating habits...I should watch mine. Of course, they are Bades. Thus, more is always better. See you tomorrow!

Brenda said...

I read to the end also, I'm just always so excited when there is something new to read! I can't wait until tomorrow!

lGlenda said...

I like reading ramble and normal stuff, doesn't normal change quite often?? Drive safe.

Masaya416 said...

I too love the rambling stuff. It offers such glimpses that otherwise might be missed in a concise story :) Glad you're here in Lovell, and I hope to actually see y'all soon.