Thursday, June 24, 2010

Not exciting

Well, we are anything but exciting here. Joel was making fun of me for not posting, but I really just don't have much to post about. So I'm betting this post is going to be a lot of random thoughts and events thrown together. (Don't say you weren't warned)

Things in AZ are going well. We are basically settled in to our house, although there still isn't anything hanging on the walls. Hopefully that will be somewhat taken care of tomorrow. It is definitely hot (duh) but I think we are all getting used to it. I have enjoyed having a Costco card, though I've found it to be quite a dangerous thing. It's so easy to get carried away with all of the great deals. Before you know it you wind up at the register spending triple what you planned.

My sister, Adrienne, came to town last week. I didn't see her as much as I get to when she stays with me (obviously), but all us girls were able to get together often and it was always a blast. The highlights, I thought, were lounging around my sister Laura's room listening to some new music, and watching North & South. (If you haven't seen it, watch it. It's based on the book by Elizabeth Gaskell. BBC is awesome.) Anyway... I also enjoyed the game playing at Rachel's house. And my nephew's birthday party. And swimming. Okay, so I enjoyed it all.

Joel started school last week and he's already crazy busy. When he's not at school he's mostly studying. It's most definitely going to be a busy two years for him, but he will certainly learn a lot.

We've enjoyed the two Sundays that we've gone to our new ward. Everyone we've come in contact with has been very friendly and welcoming. It's a huge ward, and I doubt we'll get to know everyone before we move. We look forward to getting to know people, though, and getting involved in the ward.

Adam is doing well; healing well. We are finally (FINALLY!!!) to a point where he doesn't have any more dressings, of any kind, and all of his skin is closed up. He now just wears his compression shorts. We try to keep him moisturized so the scars will be supple, and so he doesn't itch too much. But we can't keep his skin too moist or he breaks out in red spots (yeast infection). It hasn't been too hard to find that balance, though. We are so pleased with his progress.



I think that pretty much covers it. Next week I am looking forward to seeing my fist IMAX movie with a few of my sistas. It should be a great time, and a late night (or should I say early morning?). Good times. Hopefully I'll remember to snap a few pics so I can post about it. ;)

1 comment:

Masaya416 said...

Hey, where's the "like" button like on Facebook??? *LOL* I'm glad you are all surviving the heat, and enjoying being around family.

So I heard Jenna's Baptism is going to be on August 14th...is this true? time to start planning travel?

I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!