Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas!

Our first Christmas in Arizona was warm, and a lot of fun! :) We continued the family tradition of doing a progressive dinner on Christmas Eve. We started out at Rachel's house with appetizers, then to my house for a pallet cleansing course of sorbet and fruit salad. Laura and David were in charge of main course and we ate at David's brother Mark's house. To finish the night we went to Mary's house for desert. We were busy having so much fun that I didn't take any pictures.

Adrienne came down from Utah, and my Mom and Bill came over as well, so we had lots of family, and lots of fun!

Christmas morning was great, as always. The kids got a lot of fun presents, and Joel outdid himself with gifts for me this year. With an iPod touch, and the full set of Friends DVDs, I had a great morning!


(Brenda, I would like to point out that Joel is eating pistachios in this picture. I thought you might like that.)



Jenna got a desk this year, and this is the best picture I got of them opening it. It's the old kind where the chair is attached to the desk. It's already seen a lot of use!




This is a popcorn bowl filled with goodies and Toy Story 3 from Grandma R to the kiddos. They popped corn, ate candy, and watched their movie that very morning!

In the afternoon we went over to Laura's house to hang out, see everyone's gifts, play games, eat food, and generally be merry. I feel very blessed to be able to spend time with my family and make these wonderful memories.

I will mention that two of my favorite presents this year came from my Mom and Joel's Mom. My Mom gave all of her girls a book about herself. It was one of those books that has one question for each day of the year; things like "Did you have a nickname when you were little?" and other fun things. It is great to have a book filled with her memories, and get to know things about her that I didn't know before.

From Joel's Mom we got a DVD with the Robertson Family home videos. We are so excited to have these videos for ourselves, and in a format that will hopefully last a little better than the VHS. We've already watched the videos, some more than once, and I know we will treasure them for the rest of our lives.

Thank you to our families for making Christmas wonderful. We love you all!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Thanks for sharing what your Christmas was like clear down there. I'm glad that you had fun. I'm happy that you liked the video, I thought that all my kids needed to have a copy, its all we have of Kev. And yes, I got a kick out of Joel carrying on the pistachio tradition.

Brenda said...

Look at Joel as he's eating the pistachios......then look at the guy in the video. I was struck by the similairities.