Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Friends!

Last week was Joel's Spring Break, and we had the great fortune to have our wonderful friends, the Bades, come and visit us! They spent a few days with some other friends of theirs, and on Tuesday we got to finally meet up. :) As you can see, Sarah and I were very happy to see each other!



Tuesday afternoon us gals went out to lunch and the boys went to a Cubs vs. Rockies spring training game.

They had pretty great seats.


Adam got to join the boys (Jenna and Will were in school)

We spent a lot of time just hanging out...


And playing games. We played this game called "Curses" and it was so crazy hilarious! Chad had to profess his undying love to Joel more than once, and Joel sure was soaking it in. :)


I made Chad laugh harder than I've ever seen him laugh before. Who knows what I said, probably something about Cops. ;)


Demonstrating how to remove an appendix (with an invisible golf ball in my mouth. Joel was impersonating me)

On Wednesday the guys went to play some indoor virtual golf and spend some time at Bass Pro Shop. Sarah and I soaked up some sun! (We did this many times while they were here; it was great!)





On Thursday Sarah and I did some shopping, and in the evening we went to Laura's house for dinner so the Bades could meet some of my sisters. We had some great dinner and conversation! We were quite tired from staying up late the previous nights, so the plan was to go to bed early after watching a little Friends.



The men headed to bed a little after midnight, perhaps hoping that we would follow their good example. However, after some loopiness and lots of laughing on our part, we got a second wind and stayed up until 3 talking. You might think that we would have covered all topics in the many hours we spent talking over the two days previous, but you would we wrong. There is ALWAYS something for us to talk about.




On Friday Joel and Chad went to Giant Hamburger for lunch, and brought back some fries to share. So nice! Then Sarah and I got all dolled up for our hot date. :)

After going by our library for a quick stop, we headed to Wildflower Bread Co. for a delicious dinner of salads. My salad was good, but Sarah's salad was delicious, and I will be heading back there (hopefully soon!) to have one of my own!



After dinner it was on to Beastly. The acting really wasn't anything impressive, but I liked the story, and the soundtrack alone made it worth it. Afterwards we went to Bahama Bucks for some shaved ice and, yes, more talking. We were also nice enough to bring some shaved ice back to our husbands because we're good like that.
Saturday involved a small photo shoot in the back yard. Don't the boys look great?








(I told them to hug; this was the best they would do) ;)





We took them to the airport Saturday afternoon. I tried not to pout too much on the way, and I think I was mildly but not wildly successful. It's always so hard to say goodbye to loved ones, especially after having such a wonderful time together. Sarah, you know I miss you already. And I don't have to say anymore because we've said it all already, and I know you know what I mean and how much I love you. Thank you, Bades, for coming! We had a wonderful time!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Yeah! Finally a new post! I love all the pictures and I'm happy that you guys had such a great time! Sarah, do I detect a little tan on your legs?

Sarah B. said...

Awwwww!! I may have shed just one more tear whilst reading this. I had so much fun and I miss and love you like crazy!! Thank you so much for everything.