Saturday, August 11, 2012

Audrey's blessing

On Sunday, August 5th, we were able to bless our Audrey Marilyn in church. Again, it was wonderful to have our family here to support us. Five of my sisters were here, and Rachel and Mary were able to bring their families with them. Logan, Scott, and Roland stood in the circle with Joel. It was a great blessing, and I'm so thankful that we have the opportunity to do something so special in our church. And I'm thankful that  my husband is a worthy priesthood holder so he can do that for our family.

It was family picture time before church. It was overcast outside so I figured we wouldn't have so many problems with squinting. I was wrong. This is the best picture we got. Even though there are some funny faces, I think everyone looks nice all dressed up for church.





After church we all came back to our house for some lunch. It was great to hang out with everyone and just relax. Erin, Brenda, and Roland had to leave Sunday afternoon. We were happy they were able to come! We also had cake and sang Happy Birthday to Jenna while we had everyone together. The pictures of that will come next with Jenna's birthday post.

Monday evening we went over to Laura's for dinner/FHE. We made individual pizzas on the grill. It was hot work, but it was tasty! It was great to hang out with my sisters again. It's starting to sink in just how soon we are leaving, and I'm so sad that we won't live as close to my sisters. But we had fun hanging out at Laura's.

Tuesday evening was a little tricky because all of the kids started school Wednesday morning. Except for my kids; we aren't starting until we move. But we had a last minute gathering at my house, minus Laura and Amy. Adrienne, Mary, Rachel, and my niece Brianna came out to my house. They came to the store with me to do some birthday shopping for Jenna. Then they wrapped presents for me while Joel and I folded laundry. We also had the Olympics on, of course. :) After all of that was done we played a few hands of Authors; a card game we got from Brenda for Christmas. It's a family favorite here in our house. We had a lot of fun and stayed up later than we should have, but that's how we roll! :)

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Fun post! Enjoy the time left, it's very short.