Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Weekend

We had a busy weekend!

Friday evening I was lucky enough to be able to go to the last Twilight movie with my friends Jessica and Jennifer. We went to Taco Time before the show to get some empanadas. It was my first Taco Time experience, and it was pretty good. The empanadas were quite delish! I think we all enjoyed the movie, and it was great to get out and have some fun!

Saturday was Joel's birthday! He's 29 this year. Only one more year to the big 3-0! I'll hit the highlights of the day. First thing in the morning Joel opened his presents. The kids made him cards. You can't really see them, but Adam's card says "Dad Adam Happy Birthday", and he drew a picture of Joel and himself playing the matching game, and another picture of them hugging. How sweet!

I got him a new Wyoming hat, gloves, and a small thing of duct tape to go in his truck. He also ordered a truck cover a few weeks ago (so he doesn't have to scrape his windows in the morning), so that was kind of his birthday present to himself.






After lunch we went bowling. We tried to go to the one here in Green River, but as we were pulling up a lady was walking out and said they were closed until 3. That wasn't going to work for us, so we headed over to Rock Springs and bowled there. It's been years since I've bowled, and it was pretty obvious! We all had a great time!





Here's the final score. Yes, Will beat us all, but all of the kids had bumpers when they bowled, so that makes me feel a lot better. :)

Joel and I (and Audrey) went out to dinner at the Krazy Moose here in town. I get a huge kick out of that name! It was not bad. After that we came home, stuck some candles in the cherry cheesecake Joel had requested, and sang Happy Birthday. All in all I think (hope) that he had a nice birthday.




On Sunday Audrey got to wear the fun new outfit I bought for her online a few weeks ago. I am absolutely in love with the shoes! I also sang in sacrament meeting with a group of ladies. It was a lot of fun! I'd rather sing in church than speak in church any day. :) Although, we did speak in church a few weeks ago and it wasn't too bad. I also gave my first Relief Society lesson on the 11th. I'm really excited about this new calling, I think it will be a good learning experience for me.




1 comment:

Brenda said...

Great post Sarah! It looks like it was a fun day. I love the shoes (and the dress) too!