Friday, December 14, 2012

My Little Girl

I don't have any new pictures of Audrey to go with this post, so it's just words this time around.

My little baby is changing so fast. I want to keep track of some of the new things she's doing.

Last week, I believe on Sunday the 9th, she finally started rolling over from her back to her tummy. I say finally because she's over five months old, and I seem to remember my other kids rolling before that. However, I can't believe that my baby is becoming mobile. She always rolls to her left side, and once she gets on her tummy it's not long before she's not too happy about it. Unfortunately for her she doesn't roll consistently from her tummy to her back, so she's stuck there.

She's been a chewy, drooly mess for a couple of months now. Earlier this week I happened to look in her mouth and BAM, a bottom tooth. It really snuck up on me because I hadn't been watching for it.

Last weekend Joel and I set up Audrey's new crib and I took apart her bassinet. I got a little teary. The real crib is in Jenna's room, but Audrey only sleeps there during the day. At night she sleeps in the port-a-crib in our room. I think over Christmas break we'll try having the girls sleep in the same room at night. Then we won't have to worry about Jenna not getting enough sleep for school and we can just try things out.

She loves to grab for things, and anything she gets in her hands go straight to her mouth. She's still eating rice cereal, but that's the only food we've introduced so far. She's doing better at actually eating it.

She loves to be held and entertained. She doesn't like to be left alone, and when I leave the room she'll cry if there isn't someone else there to distract her. She does like her exersaucer, and usually as soon as she goes in it she grabs the attached toys and pulls them directly into her mouth. She will watch our Baby Genius Mozart movie that we've had since Will was a baby, and that keeps her attention for awhile.

She loves to look at Joel's phone or my ipod. The bright colors and things really grab her attention.

She's a pretty good sleeper most days. She naps well (most days), and she will put herself to sleep if I put her in her crib when she's tired. She still likes to be swaddled. At night she can go 6 hours without eating, but she still wakes up between feedings and has to be wrapped up again or given her binky.

All of these things seem to be happening so fast for our little one. I'm just not ready for it this time around. I mean, yes, it's exciting when she does new things, and of course I want her to grow and progress. But it's been hard for me to give up my tiny newborn. I think it's because now I know how truly fast these moments go, and because we plan on Audrey being our last baby.

Okay, this is longer than I intended. I just wanted to record these things while I was thinking about it. :) Next thing you know, I'll be posting about Audrey driving or something (it feels that way to me, anyway).

No comments: