Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Mesa for a wedding

I'm very behind on my blogging this summer. My niece, Erin, got married on June 7th and Joel took a week off of work so we could go to Mesa for the wedding. Do you want to hear the terrible thing? I brought my camera, but didn't take one picture! No joke! We stayed with Mary and Logan in Phoenix. On Monday, the 3rd, we were able to spend some time with friends in Mesa. We went to Peter Piper Pizza with Reyn and Heidi's family for lunch, hung out at their house for a bit in the afternoon, and had a barbecue and swam at Reyn's parent's house along with Jared and Andrea's family and Eric. It was great to see them again!

The rest of the week was spent basically getting ready for the wedding and reception. Mary made the wedding cake and I was able to help with that (a little). It turned out amazing! The wedding was Friday morning in the Mesa temple and the reception was Friday evening. It was beautiful and I think everyone had a fun time.

My kids were so happy to be able to play with cousins that we haven't seen in too long. And it was wonderful to see my sisters again. The one thing I miss about living in AZ is being close to the sisters that live there.


No comments: