Monday, January 26, 2009

Nothing much

I have been meaning to put something on the blog, but I haven't thought of anything cool to put on, and there isn't anything super exciting going on with us. Just life as usual. :) Joel started working at the hospital last week for his last semester of school. He works whatever days his preceptor works, so we are lucky that she works days. They are 12 hour shifts, so they are long days! Last week (and this week, for that matter) he worked Wed, Thurs, and Friday. He was pretty worn out by Friday night. But he seems to be liking what he is doing, he's enjoyed working with some of the patients, and I'm sure he likes it when he gets to learn something new.

We enjoyed some nice weather last week, but that is now long gone! It started snowing yesterday morning, and snowed for a good part of the day yesterday. We woke up to quite a thick layer on the ground this morning, and frigid temps! Jenna didn't even get to have recess at school because they keep them inside if the temp. or wind chill is below 0, and it has been that low all day today! I think the high was supposed to be 8, and I wonder if it even hit that. Brrr!

On Saturday, before the cold really hit, Joel took the two older kids up to Happy Jack and went sledding with the Elder's Quorum. They had a great time, and Joel got a couple of good pictures that I'll put on. Adam and I didn't go for two reasons: 1: It was during nap time, 2: Adam wasn't feeling well and he was making sure we knew it! He seems to be feeling better, and I think it was due to teething.



5 comments:

Brenda said...

Hey, I think I see two kids with new coats! It looks like sledding was a lot of fun. Did Will like it? He has a big grin on his face, but he's not sledding either. I just remember Joel pulling him on the snow at the March picnic, he didn't like it much. I hope he does now. Thanks for the post, I love hearing about you guys! Well, I just love you guys!

charlesfam said...

I love your pictures! Those are some happy kids. They look like they're having fun.

Sarah B. said...

The cold has been brutal!! I always think my lungs are going to freeze. Maybe I am just a wimp, but I don't care! I like warm weather!

Ranee` said...

It is FREEZING here too! I'm so glad I'm headed to Utah for the week! :) And to answer the question you asked on my post forever ago: No, it is a completely new story. That other one has been shelved for a while because I can't help thinking it has problems I can't seem to fix! Grr. But I am very pleased with this one, so it makes up for it, I guess.

Masaya416 said...

Heya Sarah...

LOVED the pics! Question for ya... where do you get the dang cute backgrounds??

-Cin