Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Too Much

There is so much to write about, so I'm sure I won't write about much at all. Does anyone else do that? When there is so much to tell you just condence and before you know it you have not said much of anything. This will probably be one of those posts...

Our holidays were absolutely great. We spent Christmas here in Laramie with just us. We are a big enough family now that it is just too much to pack Christmas up. We really enjoy focusing on one another and our time together. The kids had a wonderful time opening presents, as did Joel and I. We got a lot of fun stuff!



The day after Christmas we headed out of town for Mesa, AZ to spend a week with my family. All of my sisters, their families, and my Mom and her husband were in Mesa. The trip down was more eventful than we would have liked. To make a long story short, we lost a side view mirror to a reflector pole (in a blizzard), one child threw up (that's not actually too big of a deal, we are used to dealing with that), and worst of all when we were about 50 miles outside of Mesa, they closed the road due to black ice and accidents (black ice my eye, it was 38 degrees and the road was dry when we drove on it later that night). We tried to detour the way they told us, but that road got closed as well. We ended up having to turn around and go the way we came. It added about 4 and a half hours onto an already extremely long trip. Not fun...


But the time spent there was tons of fun! We took family pictures since we finally had everyone together. We played games, watched movies, ate good food, and did a lot of just hanging out. My kids had a great time playing with their cousins that they don't get to see very often. I didn't take nearly enough pictures, so I didn't get any good cousin pictures. The weather was nice while we were there, so the kids had a great time playing in Aunt Laura's backyard and on the trampoline. I did get a few pictures of that...










Jenna and Aunt Adrienne

Jenna in Uncle Logan's hat.
We were sad to leave, but thankfully the trip home was made successfully. We were, of course, very happy to be home as always. Jenna is back to school, and we are enjoying having Joel home for one more week before he starts his last semester of his undergrad.
Now, I think I've said it before but I'll say it again; I've been a bad blogger, but I will try to be better!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Yeah!!!!! I've been checking and checking. Love the pictures!!! I was really needing a grandkid fix.
I'm glad that you are home safely.

Lauren said...

Glad that you had a great Christmas. Mesa? I'm in Gilbert. We should've gotten together. Isn't the weather in AZ at this time of year AWESOME?

Emily Asay said...

Wow, i bet it was hard to leave that beautiful weather knowing you'd have to come back to this
:( i'm glad u guys had fun! :)

charlesfam said...

I'm glad you had so much Christmas fun. What's Joel planning on doing after this semester?