Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Lucky

It's been awhile since I put anything on so I thought I would go ahead and post a few random pictures.

Last week I was cleaning in the kitchen and Adam was playing quietly. When I peaked around the corner this is what I saw. He had pulled out the shoe basket, thrown out all the shoes (you can see part of the pile in the corner of the picture) and made himself comfortable. What a cutie.

This is what will wore to play outside just last Friday. We had about 8 inches of snow, I would say. He had a great time in it.

Now contrast that with what it was like outside yesterday. Adam thought it was funny to climb into the bike trailer.

And here's Jenna posing in her warm-weather gear. What a difference four days can make.

We haven't been super busy around here, just regular busy. :) We went out to dinner last night since it is my birthday today but Joel has to work today. For my birthday Joel bought me some books I wanted, and I ordered myself some new black flip-flops online. My beloved black flip-flops that I wore for many summers finally pooped out on me last year. I was so sad to see them go. One of my favorite things about them were that they had about a 2 inch sole. As short as I am, I need all the help I can get in the height department. I found some online that are a good brand of good quality and will hopefully last me a long time. I got them in the mail yesterday, so it was an excellent early birthday present.
When I woke up this morning Jenna was there to tell me Happy Birthday. I think she told me that about 23 times before she went to school. :) One of the great things about Jenna is that she gets so excited for any and every occasion. She loves to do things for people on their special day. She wants to make sure everyone knows it's your birthday, and she REALLY wants you to know that SHE knows it's your birthday and she cares it's your birthday. She's a sweet girl.
Tonight we are looking forward to Jenna's first soccer game. Her first game was supposed to be last Saturday, but all games were canceled because all fields were covered in snow. Luckily the weather as been beautiful and the fields have dried out. We are so sad that Joel doesn't get to watch her first game, but he will be able to come to her game this coming Saturday. Jenna is excited to play, and maybe a little nervous. I know I'm a little nervous for her. She's really never played before, and other kids on her team have. Hopefully that will be a good thing so she will have people to watch and learn from.
I have to say that on this 25th birthday of mine I was thinking about my life. A natural thing to do when you hit the quarter century mark, I think. :) I wondered; am I where I wanted to be at at 25? Have I accomplished things? Am I doing anything good with my life? Do I have the things I want and need? Here's what I've come up with... I've gotten a college degree, which was a huge goal of mine. A part of me wondered if I would accomplish that goal with a family and children. Thanks to a lot of determination and an excellent husband, I did accomplish that goal. I have a great husband and three incredible kids, so I'd say I must be doing something right. Or at least the Lord has seen fit to bless me with these wonderful things. I try to be a good mother and wife. I continue to try to expand my cooking/baking abilities (this may seem like a strange accomplishment, but I love to cook, and I love that my family enjoys the things I make. If being a chef wasn't such a high-stress job I would be tempted to try that career route). I have great friends that I love to be with and will miss terribly when we have to move away. I don't have the nicest apartment or nicest cars or nicest belongings, and I couldn't care less. I am so happy with what I have been blessed with that to ask for much more would just seem selfish. Thank you to everyone who has blessed my life so completely! I feel so lucky!

4 comments:

Sarah B. said...

Happy Birthday to you! Love ya!

charlesfam said...

Happy Birthday! Jenna is such a sweetie. I've always been impressed with how much you do and how easy you make everything appear. Love you.

Brenda said...

What a lovely post Sar! Try to have some fun today.I love you!

Ranee` said...

I am so glad you have a shoe basket too! I don't know, it makes me feel less weird... :)