Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Baptism Day

I believe I mentioned in my last post that Jenna turned eight years old on Sunday, the 8th. Here's a picture of her with her ice cream cake.

Last Saturday, the 14th, Jenna had the opportunity to be baptized. We were so proud of the good decision she made, and we are so happy for our big girl. We were blessed to have our family come to town for the occasion. Joel's Mom, Brenda, and sister Erin flew in on Thursday morning along with my Mom. My sister Adrienne flew in Thursday as well, and my sister Cindy drove into town Thursday evening. Brenda's husband Roland was able to fly in Friday night, as well. And of course, my other four sisters already live in the valley. My cousin Kristin and her family were also able to come to the baptism.

Saturday was a beautiful day with the baptism in the morning. They do Stake baptisms here, so we didn't do anything for the program. But there were some nice talks and musical numbers. It was so special to watch Joel baptize and confirm Jenna. I cried more than once, and I think we all felt the Spirit strongly.

Here is Jenna before heading to the church...


Daddy and daughter...

Proud parents...

In their whites...


After the baptism we all came back to our house for a delicious brunch, starring Brenda's cinnamon rolls. Thanks Bren! Jenna got some wonderful presents, and she had a blast opening them, as always. One thing she got from Joel and I was a new scripture bag and a quad with her name on the front. She was really excited to have new, fancy scriptures. She has also really enjoyed ALL of the presents she received that day. She is a very lucky and loved girl!



And since all of us sisters were in one place at one time and even dressed up, we decided it would be a great time to get some group pictures. Aren't we cute!?!


And one with our beautiful Mother.


It was so wonderful to spend a nice weekend with our family. And it was even more special for our little girl to take such a big, important step in her life. We love you, Jenna!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Now, that's what I'm talking about! I love the post and I'm very thankful that I was able to come enjoy the weekend with all of you! I love you guys!

Lindsay said...

Oh, look at all of you. You look great! So fun to see you all together all grown up:)Glad it was so special for her.

Michelle Croft said...

Look at those beautiful ladies! That is such a good picture with your mom. I'm sure she was in heaven to have everyone there together. Congrats to Jenna, and a big pat on your back for getting her this far!