Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

I intended on taking a lot of picture this Thanksgiving so I'd have a lot of good stuff to put on the blog. Well, I started off okay, but I didn't get as many pictures as I'd hoped.

We had a pretty low-key Thanksgiving here in Mesa. We didn't travel because of Joel's work schedule, and most of my sisters eat dinner with their in-laws. So Joel and I did dinner at home this year. I got some of the cooking done Wednesday, which made Thursday a little easier.

Will made some Indian garb in school and showed it off to us Thursday morning. I think we all took a turn wearing that feathered headdress at some point during the day. :)

 We were lucky to have my sister, Amy, join us for Thanksgiving this year. We took a break in the morning when most of the food was done and the turkey was cooking. She was showing the kids some fun stuff on her ipod...


After all of the food was ready we stuffed ourselves absolutely full. Joel snapped this picture after us adults and finished up and the boys were still working on their food. I had my feet up because I was trying to stretch out my extremely full belly.

After dinner, which was really delicious if I do say so myself, us grown ups helped ourselves to a leisurely afternoon nap. And it was lovely. After that is was time to get serious about clean up because the Blaus and the Turleys came over in the evening for pie!

We had a lot of pie varieties and I didn't even get to try them all because I was still pretty full from dinner. But I powered through a few slices and I'm very glad I did.  It was a nice, relaxed, fun Thanksgiving. It will probably be our one and only Thanksgiving here in Mesa. Last year we went up to WY, and it's likely that we will have moved by next Thanksgiving. We really enjoyed it!!!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

It looks like great fun! We missed you guys, but are happy that you had a nice Thanksgiving!