Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Laramie

A few weeks ago we decided it was time to take a trip to Laramie to see our friends, the Bades! We'd had a bit of stomach illness going around our family, but we seemed to be fine Saturday morning, so we braved it. Unfortunately for me, Saturday seemed to be my day to be sick. On the up side I never did throw up, but I spent basically the entire day laying on the Bade's couch being useless, but I had a great time doing it! I got to hang out with my bff, so how could it get better? Well, for being sick, I guess.

Joel, Chad, and Dane went golfing Saturday afternoon in Cheyenne, so they were gone for most of the day. When they got back Sarah and I went out for dinner at Sweet  Melissa's, as always. I was feeling pretty brave, considering how lousy I'd been feeling all day, but I ended up feeling okay and even able to eat a bit.



Sunday we went to church with them, and when we got home the road report was not good. It continued to get worse, and we were literally stuck in Laramie. Interstate closed. Now, I would say we were sad that we couldn't go home that day, but that would be a huge lie. Especially since I started feeling better and could actually eat, walk around, and feel generally normal. So we stayed Sunday night and most of Monday, and we made it home without incident on Monday. 

Unfortunately for the Bades, we were not all done with our illness like we thought, and two of my kids threw up while at their house. And after we left some of the Bades got sick. Curse us! But I'm still so glad we got to see them and spend time with them! Our kids had so much fun together. We got a quick picture before we left on Monday. How is it possible that we have eight kids between our families!? One of my favorite things was listening to all the kids talking during dinner. They were discussing the fact that they aren't just friends, and aren't just cousins, they are friends AND cousins. I thought that was great!!! Thanks for having us, Bades!





No comments: