Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Valentine's Day

Joel and I don't usually do much for Valentine's Day, but we did this year! Our stake put on a big dance for Valentine's Day, and a couple from our ward gave ballroom dancing lessons each Saturday leading up to the dance. Joel and I went to most of the lessons, and had a great time! We aren't necessarily the best dancers in the world, but it was fun to do together, and I think we did learn a few things. 

Valentine's Day was on a Saturday this year. Before the dance we went to dinner with a group of friends. We had to take a picture of us ladies, all dressed up!



The dance was so much fun! They had a room with so much delicious food. The stake president's wife is a photographer and she so generously took pictures of any couple who wanted pictures, for free!


There was live music, and Joel and I danced the night away! :) I did learn a valuable lesson, which was that my high heels are NOT dancing shoes. We hope the stake will do this again next year. It was fun to dress up and feel a little fancy for a night. 

No comments: