Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Preschool

Will started preschool today! He is such a big boy! It is half-day preschool, so he’s only gone for three hours. He has been more than ready to start school. This is his first your outside of the home; I did some at-home preschool with him last year. Even though he will be 5 soon, he’s not old enough to go to Kindergarten because his birthday isn’t before the cut-off.

He can already read, write with direction (he’s no good at spelling, yet), do some very basic math, and plays well with other kids. I know this year in preschool will help him in so many ways, as well.


His first day went well from all accounts. He had a good time, and he said his favorite part was playing outside. I have a feeling that recess will be his favorite thing all year! His teacher (who is amazing, by the way!) said he did great. He was extremely shy the first few times he met her: he wouldn’t talk to her and would barely look at her. But today he already started to come out of his shell and show them his true, fun, talkative self. It’s going to be a good year!

3 comments:

charlesfam said...

My lands! You have talented kids. I can't believe Will is reading and writing so well, and doing math, too! Way to go, Will. He will love preschool. I love that your kids love their parents so much - but then again, who wouldn't? You guys are the best.

Brenda said...

What a handsome boy! Yeah for William! I love you Will!

Sarah B. said...

I love that we have kiddos in the same class and get to chat a bit every day. :-)