Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Twins?

We were in Lovell for a quick trip over part of the weekend (more about that later), and I found a few pictures of Joel as a little boy. Now, I always knew that Adam looked like Joel. It's pretty obvious to everyone. But I found a few pictures of Joel at Adam's age, and I thought the resemblance was just crazy! I wish I could find pictures of Adam that would really show the similarities. I think anyone that knows Adam can look at those pictures of Joel and really see what I'm talking about! Here's Adam...



And here's Joel...



Adam again...

So can you tell who's who? I'm sure you can, but I just had to share!!!



Now about our trip to Lovell:

Joel had an interview at Rocky Mountain College in Billings for the Physician's Assistant Program on Friday the 23rd. The plan was for Joel to take the boys up to Lovell and they would stay with his Mom while he went to Billings for the interview. I was going to stay in Laramie with Jenna because there were things that needed to be done here. Well, Joel kept asking me to come with him and I kept telling him that I needed to stay home. On Wednesday night when Joel was at work and I was, of course, missing him, I decided that it would be more important for me to go with Joel and support him than to do the things at home. Thursday morning I packed up the rest of the family and we all went to Lovell together.
All of the kids stayed with Joel's Mom on Friday and I went to Billings with him. He was really nervous about the interview; it's his first grad school interview. Even though I wasn't able to really help him at all, I think he liked knowing that I was nearby.
The interview seemed to go well. From what Joel told me they seemed to really like him and they were impressed with his application. They told him that they would try to let people know if it was a "yes" or "no" by Tuesday. They must have really been on the ball because last night we got the official letter of acceptance into the PA Program! We are so excited, and I am so proud of Joel! It is definitely a relief to have an acceptance, but the road is definitely still long!
Because he was accepted to Rocky Mnt, Joel decided to turn down his interviews in Maine and Connecticut. For one, we don't need the added expense of getting out there. Two, we don't plan to go out there for school anymore, so we think it's unfair for Joel to take up an interview spot when that would be taking away someone else's opportunity. We are pretty bummed because we really wanted to go to Maine just for fun. But we can do that another time. :)
Right now Joel is waitlisted to interview at the University of Utah PA program (they are ranked #4 in the country, so we were SUPER excited to even have the possibility to interview!), and he has an interview scheduled at AT Still University in Mesa, AZ in December. It is all a bit overwhelming, but we are really happy with how things are turning out. We aren't 100% sure where we are going to end up at this point, but we are excited about what the future will bring!

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow! That is crazy how similar Joel and Adam do look. Cute. That is FABULOUS news about the PA program. At least you know that Billings is an option. Woohoo!

Sarah said...

Hey, that's great about school! Very exciting. Even if the other schools don't work out, Billings will be fun. I sure wouldn't mind living there.

Jill Asay said...

That's so exciting! GOod job, Joel!!

Brenda said...

All I can say is... Yeah!!!!

Michelle Croft said...

I can't believe how alike those two look! As for schools, Mesa and Utah don't have the Crofts, that's all I'm saying.

lGlenda said...

I am a Wyoming person, being older than any of you and being in other places, Wyoming is the best!! Billings isn't that far away.

Sarah B. said...

WAH HOO, JOEL! We are so happy for you guys. And WOW...Joel and Adam. Wow.

Kathy said...

You must SERIOUSLY consider RMC because grandparents NEED their grandbabies, and you and your Mom and sisters and Brenda could can and freeze and meet at Olive Garden and go to Jenna's programs and Cindy would be happy and you could sing with your Mom and come to Third Ward so that we can ooh and aah over your little ones and give you lots of warm fuzzies - but that's just MY OPINION !!!
Hugs...

charlesfam said...

Amazing pictures! And congratulations. It must be a huge relief to know that he's accepted - and at his first interview, too. Although Nick and I both agree that a place would be crazy to not accept him. While Billings would be great, I'm voting for Utah. I'd love to have you guys only two hours away.

Adam and the Girls said...

That is super funny about the resemblance. WOW! Hooray Joel! Who knew a squirrel hunter would be so cut out for a Grad PA position? :) We are thrilled for you guys. But I will miss seeing you every once in a while. ~Jeffi