Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Another trip

Believe it or not, my family went to Lovell again last week! That makes three times this month. This time we all went. Joel's brother, Dane, was approved to finish the rest of his mission, so we went up to spend time with him and say goodbye. While we were there Lovell finally got some snow. I think it was making up for lost time because there was a LOT of snow. Joel and his brothers were disappointed because they weren't able to go out shooting, but instead we all went out and played in the snow! We were going to sled down the hill by Joel's Mom's house, but they plowed the street before we could get to the fresh snow. The kids played in the front yard for awhile, and Aunt Kynstyl helped them make a little hill of snow to sled down.

Will...
Gavin...
After awhile we went and found a place by the canal that had an okay hill for sledding. Jenna was the only kid that came, the others were a little too cold by then. Here she is with Uncle Dane...


Brothers...


Devin came down pretty fast once, in the process getting a lot of snow in his face. The snow in all of his hair made him look like an old man! It was hilarious!


After Dane hit the tree at the end he made himself comfortable in the snow. :)

Dane flew out of Billings Monday morning and headed straight for New Jersey, where he will be serving. It was hard to say goodbye to him again, and we will miss him so much, but we are also so proud of him and happy for him!
We came home on Sunday even though the roads were not all that great. We made it to Casper without any problems, but when we got to Casper we found out that part of the highway between Casper and Laramie was closed. We ended up going down the freeway to Cheyenne, then over to Laramie. The roads were fine that way, but there was some seriously strong wind that was actually scary at times. It was definitely the long way around, but we made it home safely!
p.s. Has anyone ordered a book from Blurb recently? I'm trying to order my 2009 book and still haven't been able to. Every time I try to upload the book to blurb it stops partway through and gives me the error of "Out of sequence chunk". I've contacted blurb support about it, and they basically say to just keep trying. They also say to try from a different Internet connection, even though I know nothing is wrong with my connection. From my online research it seems to be a very common problem they have. Has anyone else had this problem, and how did you deal with it? Any input would be helpful!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Fun, Fun, Fun! thanks for coming and offering your support! I love you guys!

Masaya416 said...

It was a blast having y'all here, and I'm pretty sure you brought the snow with you, because this was definitely more like Laramie snow than Lovell snow!

Sarah B. said...

Good luck, Dane! And I had to give up on Blurb...it was doing the same thing to me. Oh all the wasted time...GRRRRRR. I am trying the Cutest Blog on the Block deal. I'll let you know if that one works.