Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Busy Bees

After Joel and I got back from Havasupai we didn't really take it that easy! We decided to take advantage of Joel's vacation while he had it. On Saturday, the 4th, Joel and I went to Jesterz Improv with some friends of ours. It was a hoot! It's a clean improv place with all-ages appropriate humor. We definitely had some good laughs, and when we were done there we stopped at Angel Sweet for some gelato. Yum!

On Sunday we went to my sister's ward because they were blessing their new little boy. We had a great time visiting with family and hanging out at the Blau's house, not to mention eating some delicious food. :)

Joel and I went to the temple on Wednesday and had a wonderful, spiritual time, as always. After that we went to Chipotle Grill for lunch. It was a great date.

On Thursday we went to a fun beach pool with the same friends we went to Jesterz with. Its pretty cool to have a sand beach and a regular swimming pool in one. Here's a few pictures of the kids at the pool, hanging out and enjoying their lunch. (They aren't great pictures, they were taken on my ipod.)


Don't you love Will's farmer's tan? He always wears a rash guard, and he'd taken it off while he ate because he was cold. But that Capri sun was pretty good. :)

Then on Friday Joel and I had a real treat! We got to finally go see Les Miserables; we bought the tickets back in December, so we've been patient for a long time! We went out to Four Peaks for dinner, which was absolutely delicious! (Joel had the filet mignon, and I had a salmon BLT)

And here we are in front of the Les Mis poster before the show...




We really enjoyed the show. It was the first time Joel's seen it, and it was my second time, though it's a little different than the time I saw it. They re-conceptualized some things, the staging was different, etc. I thought most of the changes were amazing. A few stand-out parts for me; Javert's suicide, the sewer scenes, One Day More, Bring Him Home, and the Finale. I know that doesn't really matter to whoever is reading this, but I would like to remember that in the future. :)

In other news, we had to buy a new computer last week. Our old one (which wasn't very old; less than three years) started having major problems. After a friend looked at it and tried to install a new hard drive, it was determined that there were multiple problems that would most likely cost more to fix than a new computer. So, we bought a new computer. Happy and sad news.

Joel went back to school on Monday, and Jenna started a basketball camp. Below is a picture of her with her camp shirt and new basketball that they gave her. She didn't have a whole lot of fun on Monday; it was harder than she expected it to be and she was really nervous. But she's been enjoying herself more the last two days, and overall I think it's a success.




We've only got two more weeks before the kids and I head North for a lot of family fun! It's going to be quite the trip- very long with a lot of driving- but I think it will be more than worth it!

2 comments:

Glenda said...

I have never seen Les Miserable, would love to see that, I already love the music.

Brenda said...

Hey, I go off to girls camp and cub day camp and look what happens! What a great post! I love the pictures! And all of you of course.