Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas 2013

I'm going to be honest, I didn't sleep very well on Christmas Eve. I guess I was just too excited! So I was kind of relieved when the kids came in at 6:30 to get us. We told them not to come in any earlier than that, because we didn't want to wake Audrey up too early.

So after we were all awake and had family prayer, we got to tear into our stockings and all those presents! Santa brought the older three kids their own soft blankets, and the kids loved them. We all got a lot of fun stuff this year. I didn't take too many pictures; I was less concerned with the camera and more concerned with just enjoying it!

So to sum up our morning I'll give a quick list of what everyone got:
Joel- a new ring (wedding ring; I wanted him to have options), bullets, hot chocolate variety pack, two new mugs, Chicago Bears shirt, "Man of Steel", and a back scratcher.
Sarah- Steam mop, handheld steamer, new attachment for my kichenaid, pedometer, Les Miserables piano book, "Sound of Music", dice game.
Jenna- Necklaces, slippers, shopping day with Mom, music stand, blanket
William- Scooter, mug, clothes, watch, blanket
Adam- Soccer ball, clothes, watch, multicolor pen, blanket
Audrey- Book, toy phone, magna doodle, bucket sorting toy thing
For Everyone- Harry Potter 8 disc blu-ray set, Mastermind, Quelf card game, Headbanz game, ISpy Wii game (which has been many hours of family fun already), Despicable Me 2, Tenzi dice game.







After presents were opened we watched Despicable Me 2 and ate treats. We had a great time trying out all our new games and playing the new Wii game. I tried out my handheld steamer and was very pleased. Imagine that, cleaning on Christmas! It was really a very relaxed day: absolutely perfect. We all ate way too  much sugar, and had a great time doing it! It's always a little sad for me when Christmas is over, it really is my favorite holiday, and probably my favorite day of the year. It's great for so many reasons. I felt very blessed to have such a great Christmas this year.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Looks like such fun! I've been missing you guys. I'm hoping to make it down for a weekend soon.