Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is almost as good as Christmas, right?! Well, it's pretty close in my opinion. Joel didn't have to work Christmas Eve, so we really got to have a lot of good family time. We watched some movies, played games, and went sledding in the afternoon. Joel had taken the older three kids sledding a few days before, but apparently the snow was a little fresher at that time. When we went it was pretty icy, so those sleds really flew! I got a bit hurt on my first run after I landed. Just a bit. Ha! Actually, it was pretty ugly and it left me very sore. Audrey was not loving the cold. It actually wasn't very cold, but the wind was frigid. So after my 'small hurt' and her one time down with Dad, she and I hung out in the car.

Adam also got hurt. His sled turned sideways and his arm ended up under the sled. He put up a pretty big stink, and he joined Audrey and I in the car while Jenna, Will and Joel kept sledding. 

They thought it was fun to go down on their stomachs, no sled. They called it 'penguin style'.







Even though sledding was a bit of a bust, the day was still great! Later that afternoon we watched the Robertson family home videos. We thought it would be fitting, since many of them were taken on Christmas. After dinner we drove around to look at Christmas lights. When we got home we watched some Christmas videos, then it was off to bed!  But we had to take our traditional picture of the kids in front of the tree first. Adam had a bandage around his arm because it was still hurting, so we were trying to make it a little more stable. And William's eyes are closed in the first picture, but I had to post this one because Audrey's face is great!


No comments: