Sunday, August 3, 2014

Ralph Vernon and Gwen Robertson Family Reunion

This was the very last big Ralph and Gwen Robertson (Joel's great grandparents) family reunion. It took place in Star Valley, WY, so it was conveniently located for Joel and I. We headed up Friday morning (Aug 1). There was quite a lot of family there, although I'm sure there were many more people that were not there. The Ralph and Mary Robertson family was well represented, I think. Though we missed those who couldn't be there.

It was a fun reunion with a lot going on. Joel played in the 3-on-3 basketball tournament. Erin and Eli (Joel's cousin Rachel's husband) were on his team. They even won the tourny! I was proud of my man! :)  Joel and Daniel also participated in the horseshoes tournament. They didn't win that one, but they did well. There was also volleyball and bocce ball. 

The kids had a lot of fun playing with their cousins. Jenna and Elliahna spent a lot of time on the paddle boat on the little pond. The second day we were there my boys were pretty much sopping from playing in the little stream that ran through the ranch. Audrey had fun playing with the kids, though she was sad she couldn't play in the water like they could. She was a little sleep deprived by the end of the reunion, and she was certainly dirty, sweaty, and sticky. But I think she had a lot of fun.





Audrey LOVES her cousin Lydia!!


Friday evening we had a sort of family history program. People got up and talked about some of the Robertson ancestors, told stories, etc. It was an interesting program and I definitely learned some things. I hope my kids actually listened to some of the stories.


Great Uncle David, doing the intro.

 Uncle Eric, playing the pipes.

 Audrey thought the pipes were a little loud.

 Uncle Eric talking about Ralph, his Father, Joel's Grandpa.

Great Uncle John.

 Joel and Daniel talked about their Dad. They did an amazing job, and I thought it was the best part of the night. Of course I cried, and I was happy to hear what they had to say, and more happy that my children got to hear what they had to say.



 Look at that dirty girl! But that soda sure made her happy. :)

Audrey thought the tire swing was nice and relaxing. A great place to eat some licorice.

I'm really happy that we were able to attend this reunion. Especially since it's the last one. We really did have a good time, and it was great seeing those we know, and meeting (for me) the ones we didn't.

No comments: