Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Almost

Well, it's ALMOST the Christmas season. According to Walmart I guess the Christmas season started a few weeks ago, but I think you have to wait until it's a little closer to Thanksgiving. Christmas time is my favorite time of the year, hands down. I love the music, the food, spending time with family, the decorations, and most of all the feeling I get. Christmas comes with a very distinct feeling for me; my heart is full, I feel a childlike happiness and love for all. However, I live with Scrooge. Joel likes Christmas, but he won't listen to Christmas music with me, and whenever I say anything like "Oh, I just love Christmas!", he usually rolls his eyes or something else implying that I'm just weird. I've asked him why he's so "bah humbug" about Christmas, and he blames me. He has rebelled in the opposite direction because I love Christmas so much, and I would tell him all of the time because he's my best friend, and I always tell him what I'm feeling. Well, this year I've already stopped myself many times from saying how much I love and am looking forward to Christmas and everything that goes with it. I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, if I keep these thoughts to myself, he can see that Christmas is the BEST instead of being bugged by my own Christmas enthusiasm!

It's not just the actual day of Christmas that I love. Even more so I love that general holiday merriment that comes before hand. I love that the checkers at the store will tell you "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays". I just think that people are basically happier and maybe even more polite during the holiday season. I love to look at the beautiful lights and decorations that people put out, and I love to hear my kids "ooh" and "awe" about them. I love putting up a beautiful tree with presents underneath (even if I am worried about Adam pulling off all of the decoration, or tipping the tree over). I love having all of us together, not worrying about school, just spending time as a family. I love the music that speaks to my heart. There are Christmas songs that make me laugh, cry, and feel the spirit stronger than any other music. To steal a line from a Christmas song, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"!!!!!

6 comments:

charlesfam said...

How fun! Christmas is fun, isn't it? I've always thought that it's a shame that we have so many holidays in a row and then so many without. But without the famine how would we enjoy the feast, right?

KrIStiN said...

Sarah, I totally agree with you!! Tell joel to not be a scrooge...if he won't go with that, watch mickey's twice upon a christmas...ha ha...donald gets his christmas spirit back!! ha ha..You can tell me anytime that you love the christmas season, cuz SO DO I!!

Brenda said...

It was always Kev's rule that I couldn't play Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. So Friday morning, here it came. I'm with you Sar!

Jadi said...

Me too!!! I LOVE Christmas time. I get butterflies in my stomach whenever I hear Christmas music. Even if it is in April or June.

Unknown said...

Heya Sarah... Cindy here commenting from Barb's account...Aunt Barbara was listening to Christmas music just today!!! I read your blog to her, and she thought it was great, and sounded a little surprised at how sentimental you are :) I think it's AWESOME how much you love Christmas. It reminds me of how I used to feel about it... maybe I will again sometime. Keep bloggin!

Emily Asay said...

Amen to that. Christmas truly is a magical time--Its interesting how was we get older we appreciate the true meaning of Christmas more and more.