Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday

Today was Joel's 25th birthday. We are officially getting old. :) Actually, we've been old for some time, but now our age is starting to catch up with us just a little bit.

Joel had to start out the day with school, of course. But he got done a little after noon, so that is nice. We ran a few errands this afternoon and just hung out. While Joel was still at school Will and I each painted him a picture, and Jenna painted one when she got home from school. We went out to Chilli's for dinner; it was the first time that we've been to the one here in Laramie. It was better than I expected, so I think we were pleasantly surprised. After dinner we came home and had cherry cheesecake, Joel's choice for his birthday cake. The kids helped him blow out his candles...


Before we cut the cake I surprised Joel with some presents. He thought his only present was a nice, new stethoscope that he got a few weeks ago, but I think you should always have something to open on your birthday. So I just got him a big Toblerone bar, and a new tie that can go with all of his dress shirts.

In other news, Adam has been taking steps lately. He usually just takes 2 or 3 steps at a time, but this evening he really outdid himself! Check out the video!

He will be one year old in a little less than two weeks. He seems to have grown so much in the last few weeks. He's also been trying to say a lot of different words, and that's fun to hear. It's always hard to believe when your baby starts to grow up.

6 comments:

nina said...

Mmmm.... cherry cheesecake. That would be my choice of a birthday cake as well. Tell Joel happy birthday.

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday Jolo!!! I love you and I'm SO glad that you are my son. If you are 25 dear, that makes me really old!
I can't wait for you guys to come, I want to see Adam walk in person.

Teri said...

Happy birthday Joel.
That is a cute video of Adam walking!

Emily Asay said...

happy bday joel!! i'm glad you guys had a fun day- you deserve it. :)

charlesfam said...

Happy birthday Joel! 25 is a great year, but it doesn't last long, so enjoy it. Before long you're closer to 30 than 20. :)

I can't believe Adam is already walking, and he's almost 1. Time flies. I miss you guys and want to see him walking in person. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle Croft said...

Happy Birthday Joel! I can't believe Adam. What a cutie. Miss you guys.