Sunday, November 23, 2008

Primary Program and Messiah

You are invited to attend the 6th Annual Community Performance of

Handel's Messiah

Friday, December 5th, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Building,
3311 Hayford Avenue, Laramie, Wyoming
No charge for admission
Sunday attire is encouraged


So this year I am singing in Handel's Messiah. I've wanted to do it every year, but I've always had a reason I couldn't; too busy with school, pregnant, nursing, etc. Well, this year all excuses are gone so I finally got to do it! I'm really injoying it, and I will be sad when it is over. (I was going to scan in the little invitation card, but our old scanner doesn't work with the new computer. So I just had to type it in; it's not nearly as pretty, sorry:)


Our ward primary program was today. I don't know if I have mentioned it before, but I am the Primary President in my ward. This year one of my counselors was basically in charge of the program, and she did awesome, so that took a lot of pressure off myself.

All of the kids in the primary did very well. Jenna, of course, did great. She knew her part and sang the songs. She is a girl that knows how to shine, and does a wonderful job at it! William, on the other hand, was another story. From the time we started practicing he was not on board. He wouldn't even ever go up to the microphone to say his part, he was glued to his chair. He also wouldn't even stand up for the songs, even though he knows most of them and sings them wonderfully at home. During one song the kids went over to the side and marched, and during practice he would have nothing to do with it. So basically his plan was to sit there and do absolutely nothing, except wiggle and squiggle in his chair.
Well, today he surprised me just a little. He didn't go so far as to say his part, but he did get off his chair and go to the microphone. When he got up there he immediately said, "I don't want to do it" and turned around and went back to his chair. But at least he got up to the mic! Then, during the marching part he actually went with the other kids and marched! Holy Cow! And when we sang I am a Child Of God for the closing song, he sang with all his heart! So he didn't do perfect on everything, but I am taking what I can get! I was really proud of him for those little steps.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I am jealous that you get to sing with my mom in law as your director. She is fantastic! :) I bet your kids were so cute at your program. We had ours in September. I am the primary president in our ward here, too. We should exchange ideas. Email me at laurenshum@hotmail.com

Brenda said...

I am proud of him too!!! And Jenna of course. I wish I could come to your concert. That is the night of Erin's first game. Actually, it's a tournament in Thermop. The same one I didn't watch all of for Dane last year. I left from there to come see Adam. Hummmm.

Sarah B. said...

You did a TON for the program (thank you thank you!) and your kids were most definitely adorable. :-)

Ranee` said...

Isn't is such a relief when the program is over? And I was just chorister! :)