Saturday, February 28, 2009

Joel

Joel put this on the Robertson MyFamily site and I thought I would copy it on here since he doesn't ever write anything for the blog.

I have been completely loving my time on the surgery floor of the hospital. I have gotten to see a lot of new and exciting things. I had a patient last week that fell 92 feet from an oil rig and only ended up having a broken leg.... his tibia was completely shattered, fibula was broken in 4 pieces and his ankle/foot broken in 5 places. He also had to have a double fasciotomy to relieve pressure from the swelling which was super cool to see. His leg had to be as big around as a basketball. I am looking forward to the rest of the semester and what new things I can learn. I will be in the ICU after spring break until graduation.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I enjoyed reading that on Myfaimly, I'm glad that you posted it. Grandma Flash was happy to hear also.

heatherann said...

Sounds entirely nasty to me ;) and something Chris would also say "cool" about. Thanks for sharing it here!

charlesfam said...

Wow. I've heard lots of gory stories from my brother, and I'm always amazed that there are people who like to fix horrible wounds. I'm grateful they're there, though. Joel, if you like it, then I'm glad we're there. We need men like you in our hospitals.

charlesfam said...

P.S. I'm glad the people are there, not the wounds.