Friday, February 27, 2009

Lincoln, A Man for the Ages

Last night was Jenna's school concert. The theme was Abraham Lincoln, hence the title of this post. Each grade did two songs, and here is a video of one of the 1st grade songs. Jenna is in the front, third from the end, with an orange hat on. I apologize that it's shaky, I had Adam on my lap while I was taking the video.

Jenna has been pretty excited about the concert, especially this week. She's been singing the songs at home, and sometimes she would show us the actions. The funny thing about Jenna is that she loves to show us thing, tell us things, and even perform for us sometimes. But as soon as she has our attention, she gets shy and nervous. Even when it's just me. We can see how torn she is sometimes between wanting to show us what she knows, and being too nervous to do it. I totally sympathize with this, I was (am) the same way.

As you might be able to tell from the video, those kids were absolutely too cute in those hats! I think I might have to get Jenna one like it because she was so adorable.

I was worried about going to this concert because Joel had to work. He is usually the Adam wrangler, so I was not excited about having Adam and trying to get videos and pictures. The hardest part with Adam was actually the 20 minutes before the concert started. Jenna had to be there 20 minutes early, which meant we had to sit for 20 minutes. It was pretty loud in the A&S auditorium, and that really helped to get Adam wound up. He didn't want to sit still for a second, or even sit at all. I was worried the entire concert would be like that. However, once the kids started singing Adam was quite entertained. Most of the time he sat on me knees, holding on to the seat in front of us. Sometimes he was moved to dance, which meant swaying back and forth. During one song some kids played the guitar and Adam was slowly shaking his hands like he was trying to play too. It was very cute. And I was relieved that he wasn't completely crazy for the whole concert. :)


Will also did just fine, but I wasn't worried about him. After Jenna's grade was done singing he asked "Is it over?". I told him there were still lost of kids to sing, but following each song after that he asked the same question. Towards the end he kept asking, "Why is this never being over!?" He really wanted to be done, apparently around four songs is his limit. :) But he didn't complain too much.


Joel tried to come to part of the concert, but things got crazy at the hospital. He made it to the concert for the very last song, of the entire show. :) It was funny, and he said he felt really silly coming in at that time, but we were just glad to have him there even for just a few minutes.

I took a picture of Jenna coming off the stage after the first grade was done (her hair was a little crazy from wearing the cute hat).




Will with a goofy smile

Adam was a little tired by the end of the show. This picture is so bad because I was trying to hold my arm out to the side to try and get a pic of his face.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I loved watching that! Good Job Jenna Babe!!!!!

charlesfam said...

I love your family. They're growing up so fast. I hope we can figure out a way to get to see you guys again this summer.

heatherann said...

Cute song... way to go Jenna! Our concerts are in the Hyart, which is nice for seating and really bad for pictures. I have a bunch of dark/ blurry/ weird color pictures and videos from (gulp) 10 years of Elementary Christmas concerts.