Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend

Our weekend started out with a great Valentine's Day. Shortly after we woke up we exchanged some gifts, which was fun. I think the kids get most excited about it, even if it's Joel or I opening presents. :) It was really cute and a lot of fun. Later in the day I made some heart shaped sugar cookies and pink frosting, and the kids frosted their own cookies. The frosting was pinker than it looks in the pictures. :)


Hard at work


Enjoying the spoils

For dinner on V-day I made pancakes and bacon and the kids got to cut their own pancakes into heart shapes. Of course they had a ball with that. All in all we had a great day.

Today Jenna didn't have school, and Joel didn't have work, so we took a trip to Cheyenne. We stopped at Circuit City because they are going out of business, so we were looking for some good deals. Apparently we should have gone many weeks ago, because the store was pretty well cleaned out! At least 3/4 of the actual floor space is blocked off, and there is incredibly little stock left. Mostly little stuff. Anyway, we then bought Joel another pair of scrub pants for work, and went to lunch at Old Chicago. We've never been there before, and we weren't disappointed. All of our food was delicious and we all left very full. After that we just headed to the mall for awhile. The kids played in the little play area they have, and loved it like always.
Tonight I cut Jenna's hair again. It was getting a little past her shoulders, and she wants to wear it down with no hair clips or hair-do's in it at all. I don't love this because her hair usually ends up looking crazy and I don't want people thinking I don't brush my child's hair! But this is what she wants, and I try not to fret over the small stuff like hair. So, I cut her hair even shorter than last time. It's pretty durn cute if I do say so myself. She told Joel that I cut it "up to the bottom of her skull". :)
Adam also got his first real haircut tonight. I've tried to trim up the back before, but that wasn't super successful. So this time we did the real deal. He looks so cute! And now the hair on the back of his head won't hang over his collar. :)
This is just a random picture of Adam. He likes to make a little tripod out of himself.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh, I love seeing pictures of my kids!!!! It sounds like a great weekend. I'd like to see a picture of Jenna with her hair cut to her skull. SO funny!! I love you guys!

Sarah B. said...

Old Chicago...oh yeah baby. I can't wait to see Jenna! I need to cut Bubba's hair too. It is getting out of hand! Sounds like a fun weekend!