Monday, September 19, 2016

A quick trip to Phoenix

Because Mary wasn't able to come up for the family reunion, and because she had an adorable baby girl that I needed to meet, I decided to take a quick trip down to Phoenix, just me. Well, just me as in no kids and no Joel. After Adrienne found out I was going, she jumped on the bandwagon so it was a bit of a sister's weekend! We flew in to Mesa Thursday morning, went to Mary's house, and didn't leave her house until it was time to go back to the airport Sunday morning. It was delightful!

Baby Eliza is beautiful and so sweet! She didn't always like me, but we got along okay. :) We also made a chocolate souffle from a recipe we'd seen on The Great British Baking Show. They turned out quite amazing, if I do say so myself! There was also plenty of movie and show watching, and of course a lot of talking. Friday evening Laura, Amy, Rachel, and Erin came over from Mesa for a sisters night. That was great fun, as always. I do miss being able to see my sisters more often. It was a great weekend. Thank goodness we snapped a picture of the three of us before we left for the airport on Sunday. (And of course I took pictures of the souffles. Priorities.) 



No comments: