Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Brrrr...

Brrr! We woke up this morning to a light layer of snow...





We usually walk to school, but when it gets cold, I pull out the car keys! The temp this morning was 21 degrees, but the wind chill was 5! I'm definitely too wimpy for that! The kids bundled up, and Jenna was excited to get to wear all of her new winter stuff. New coat, new mittens, new hat. And Will put his hat on all by himself, can you tell! :)

I can't begin to describe how much I feel like making warm, yummy goodies! When the weather gets cold, Sarah gets cooking! I don't love the cold weather, but I will admit that I love the cozy feeling I get when it's warm inside and you can cuddle up with someone. The hot chocolate and warm cider, anything warm in fact! I think there is definite logic in the fact that animals in general bulk up for the winter. That must be where my instincts come from! Bring on the goodies! :)

4 comments:

charlesfam said...

Laramie winters do start early. (Ours melted and fall came back for a few days.) Tell Will happy birthday from us. I can't believe he's four! They grow too quickly.

Brenda said...

I'm with you Sarah! I enjoy when it cools of a little and I can make soup and other yummy stuff that make the house smell so good. It's beautiful here today.

Ranee` said...

That little light layer of snow reminds me why I don't miss Laramie...the climate that is, but reading your blog reminds me how much I miss you! I miss our great book club discussions. Even though we grew up just a grade apart, it's funny to think I got to know you best those few months!

Jadi said...

I forgot how COLD it gets in Wyoming! It has been starting to get cold here in Maryland. I am ready to go back to Florida for the winter. I am with you though on wanting to bake when it is cold outside. I love to have hot chocolate or warm cookies when it is snowing.