Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chicken Pot, Chicken Pot, Chicken Pot Pie!

A few weeks ago my sister Mary gave me a recipe for a chicken pot pie that she made and said was really good. I've never made a chicken pot pie before, so I thought I would try my hand at it. It felt like a little bit of a saga (even though it wasn't, really). I made the dough for the crust yesterday because I was planning to make it for dinner last night, but then Joel and I had a big lunch, and weren't really hungry at dinner time. So I made a smaller, lighter dinner yesterday. I wasn't sure how the dough would hold up in the fridge for so long, but it ended up tasting really good. The recipe just calls for a frozen veggie mix, but I wanted potatoes in it, so I boiled potatoes and carrots to put in. Well, after I started them on the stove, Joel came home from Cheyenne. We were sitting on the couch talking, and an hour later I realized I had forgotten about my potatoes! Well, they were pretty much mush, so I had to peel, cut, and boil more potatoes. Not that big of a deal, but I really didn't feel like it. Anyway, it did end up being a little more work than I thought it would be originally, but it was worth it! It was the best pot pie I've ever had, and my family loved it. I think I might look for some little pans so I can cook individual pot pies.
Here is the whole pot pie, fresh from the oven.



Here's my piece. It tasted better than it looks here. :)

(This little chicken pot pie story got long, sorry. I think I'm strangely proud of my pie!)

4 comments:

Jill Asay said...

You will have to share the recipe so we can try it out. It sounds quite yummy!

Emily Asay said...

It looks good, I want the recipe too!

Brenda said...

Good job Sar!!!! It looks lovely, my boys used to say, "Mom, when are you going to make some more chicken poc pie?" I'm sure Joel was happy and proud of you too!

Ranee` said...

That looks so good. YOu have a right to be proud of it.