Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Costume

We have had the hardest time deciding what to be for Halloween this year. Jenna has been set on being a princess, even though I've tried to talk her out of it. (She was a witch last year, but she was a princess the TWO years before that). I've given in and am looking for a costume for her that isn't $30 or something crazy like that. We've had the opposite problem with Will. "What do you want to be for Halloween?" we'll ask. "I don't know." He replies. Helpful. We've given him ideas, and he usually just says, "No." So I had a brilliant idea. :) His birthday is on Saturday and I'm making him a race track cake. So I asked him, "Do you want to be a race track for Halloween?" I was actually serious, but I wasn't sure I would be able to talk him into it. He was unsure at first, I think he thought I was kidding, that it wasn't really possible to be a race track for Halloween. But he agreed, and today we started working on his costume. When I told Joel what he was going to be he looked at me like I was absolutely mad. But I was bound and determined to figure out some way of making a racetrack that Will could wear, and that wouldn't cost very much. Today we pulled out some cardboard boxes, and after some mussing and fussing this is what I did...
Now picture straps that will hook over his shoulders and hold the track up about waste height. The cardboard will be completely covered in either construction paper or paint. There will be supports under each side to hold it level. And of course the track will go around that edge and we will somehow stick cars to it. Can you see it?

8 comments:

Jill Asay said...

I can totally see it. What a fun idea. Good luck with it...can't wait to see the finished product!

Emily Asay said...

That is AWESOME. What an awesome mom you are--finding something totally original and that your kid actually likes. ;)

Masaya416 said...

What a great idea!!!! I want to see finished pictures... as well as pictures of the cake! Yet another reason I think you are the best mom I've ever known!! AMAZING! So what is Adam going to be? :D

Brenda said...

I can see it, I can see it! Really cute idea! I can't believe that Will is going to be 4 on Sat.!

Kathy said...

You're such a cute, creative Mommy !!! I'm excited to see the end result too !!!
Hugs..

Lisa Burbidge said...

Totally love the idea!!!

charlesfam said...

Sounds fun. You are so creative. Send pictures of the finished product.

Sarah B. said...

You are too creative! I am totally impressed...not that I didn't know you were awesome before, but...still!