Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bath

I'm sorry if I am going overboard with the pictures. I'm sure everyone is tired (or grossed out) of seeing pictures of Adam's burn. But just to warn you, I will most likely be posting pictures of his burn after every dressing change so that I am record his progress. So I apologize in advance.

We were able to change his dressing at home today. They told us to give him a bath, as well. We were nervous about it, but Adam did great. He didn't complain too much when we took the dressings off, which was probably the worst part in Denver. I think it's because Joel and I were a little more gentle than they are (they are used to doing it, and we don't like to hurt our baby). A lot of dead skin came off in the tub, like they said it would.

We put the new dressing on with Adam standing on the kitchen table. We tried to work quickly, and I don't think we took too much longer than the pros down in Denver, but Adam was definitely tired of the whole thing by the time we got done.



He is looking better each time, which is so great. We are basically back to our "normal" schedule, aside from the dressings changes and continued giving of pain medication. He sleeps normally, plays normally, eats normally, and even the diaper changes are back to normal. Only the young could rebound so quickly, I'm convinced.

4 comments:

Sarah B. said...

I am glad it went well!!

Brenda said...

Wow, I'm glad it is healing so well! But, it still looks awful! Keep doing a good job with him. I love you all!

nina said...

I was so sad to hear about your little boy, we will keep in in our prayers.

charlesfam said...

I am SO glad it is healing well. It's good for all of you to have life fairly normal again, I'm sure.