Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Grocery Bags

Okay, so I just got home from the store, and I have to say that it drives me crazy when the checkers give you about a million bags. One box of cereal: one grocery bag. One small bag of flour: one grocery bag. One can of Prego: one grocery bag. You get my drift. C'mon people, not only is it not "earth friendly" to use so many bags, but more importantly to me it is harder to get them all to fit in the back of my van, and takes forever to carry all of the sinking bags in the house. Sheesh.

p.s. This particular checker also grabbed the bread right in the middle of the loaf with one hand to scan it! First of all, who holds bread like that? And second of all, if I wanted squished bread I would have let Will ride in the cart, he's good at that.

8 comments:

KrIStiN said...

ha ha ha..that is so funny and so true! They do the same thing at our Walmart. Don't you love it when they always put your eggs on the bottom of the bag and it's the only bag with like a million things in it? That's what usually happens to me! Applaud walmart cashiers!!

Destiny said...

Ugh, I agree. Walmart is the worst about that, and I ALWAYS somehow get home with smushed bread!!

Brenda said...

Ha Ha!! Love you Sarah!

Jenna Marie said...

Hi... You wanted to know how many pretzels for that Jello recipe... I just kind of guess every time. I pour some in the pan, crush them... and just see if I need more. :) Sorry that's not very exact. You just need enough to have a good layer... Cute family by the way! :)

The Asay's said...

oh man sarah. I hope I never get that girl for my checker. She sounds terrible

Lisa Burbidge said...

That is when it is time to just say but it all back in the cart and I will do it myself, you lame cashiers!!! I think they need more training oh wait I think that is way there is never enough when you want to check out they are in training class or at least that is what I have been told before. Give me a break traing to bag groceries!!!

Masaya416 said...

Hey Sarah, http://www.starfall.com/ Just a site you might want to check out for some fun resources for the kids. LOVE the blog!

Ranee` said...

It is for this exact reason that I bought the reusable grocery bags. If you only give them like, four it forces them to pack well! ...now if I could just remember to bring them to the store...