Monday, September 29, 2008

Football Fun

This weekend I got to go to a UW football game for the first time in quite awhile, and boy did I pick a great game to go to. NOT! Our football team stinks. We played terribly and lost. It was so boring that in the third quarter I actually fell asleep... IN the stadium! We left before the fourth quarter started because there was really no reason to stay. I wonder how many people were actually there when the last seconds of the game ran out. I'm guessing not many!

Well, besides the game our weekend was a lot of fun. Brenda, Dane, Darcy, and Erin came, and it's always good to see family. On Friday evening we ate at Corona Village. Dane had never been there before, so he suggested we go, and it took about 1.5 seconds to talk Joel and I into it. Saturday morning Joel and Dane went hunting, then we went to the game in the afternoon while Grandma R. stayed at home with the kids. Thanks, Bren! That evening we hung out, played some games, ate some treats, and had a fun time. On Sunday they came to church with us, but had to leave after Sacrament Meeting. We miss you, and thanks for coming!

In all of the weekend buzzing, we totally forgot about the Relief Society Broadcast Saturday night! I was really sad when I realized it because I wanted to hear it. But hurray for fast computers and high speed internet; I watched the entire broadcast over the course of last night and today when I would take a few minutes to listen to each talk, and it was definitely worth watching. I love hearing from the authorities in our church. It is always so uplifting, edifying, and encouraging. I always feel a sense of renewal, to try and do better in my own life. I am really excited for General Conference next weekend. I always look forward to hearing the prophet speak!

Jenna didn't have school today, so I scheduled the kids for a cleaning at the dentist. I took the three kids to Cheyenne for the appointment (Joel couldn't come because of school). Jenna and Will both did great (Adam's a little young still:) and we have no cavities! Woo hoo! However, both of my kids have teeth that are very close together, so I can already see the $$$ of braces in our future. But for now, their teeth are clean and healthy!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Thanks for having us Sarah and Joel! It was great fun! I just wish it weren't so stinking far away!

Jadi said...

I was so jealous when I heard you ate at Corona Village! We have not been able to find a Mexican restaurant we like as much since we moved.
I was also sorry to hear that the Cowboys aren't doing very well this season. Hopefully they will improve.
Thanks for sharing the news that the Relief Society broadcast is available online. I wasn't able to make it either and heard the talks were amazing.

Sarah B. said...

I know it! I keep trying to convince myself to take the kids to a game and for some reason can't bring myself to do it. Oh the score...